Monday 22 April 2013

My 2 year adventure, Week 9: Poutine

Week 9:
This week was poutine!!!!!!!!!!!! When I went to Quebec a couple months ago I was so sad that I didn't eat any poutine. for those of you who don't know, poutine is fries with gravy and cheese curds. I found the cheese curds in a store after calling a couple other stores and being unsuccessful in my search. The recipe said that we needed to oven roast the fries instead of deep-frying them. As a result, the fries weren't as crispy as I would have liked. The gravy tasted just like the gravy that I had on my poutine when I went to Quebec a few years ago! The curds were really good, but I didn't really contribute to that ;) I made a mistake though. I over-salted the dish.Overall, my family gave the dish an 8. Definitely a dish that I want to repeat so that I can correct myself. 

See you next time internet! Love, Alexa :)  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment