Monday 2 September 2013

My 2 year adventure, week 24: Beef and guinness stew/Black and tan brownies

Week 24:
I finally got my stitches out!!!!!!!!!! Okay, back to the recipes... The stew called for parsnips and turnips and I had never even seen a turnip or a parsnip let alone cooked with them. If you guys are like me, a parsnip looks like a white carrot and a turnip looks like a white beet. The recipe also called for 5 cups of onion. 5 CUPS!!! I successfully chopped 3 cups and then I couldn't stand it anymore. My dad had to do the last to cups because I was tearing up so much. Another strange thing the stew called for is raisins. Nobody ate one so I think they may have disintegrated... The stew took a total of 2 1/2 hours to cook and I burned the bottom of the pot soooo badly but it came off. My family gave the stew a 8/10.
The brownies turned out great they were double layered. The "tan" layer was like a basic cake batter but with brown sugar and pecans. The "black" layer was like a basic brownie mix but with guinness. The recipes seem to be following a trend... My parents gave the brownies a 8.75/10. It was a really good brownie recipe.

See you next time internet! Love Alexa :)    

1 comment:

  1. Hi ALexa

    I hope this note finds you well. I am a food writer/cookbook author working on a book about kid-chefs, kid-food activists. I saw your blog and was wondering if you'd be willing to chat about possibly being in the book. Parental permission is absolutely required.

    The book is a traditional cookbook, distributed nationally and published by RODALE PRESS. It will be out late next year or early 2015.

    The participants must all be under 17 at this time so they are no older than 18 at the time of publication. In addition to a mini-bio about the interviewee, I include an original recipe.

    I am happy to send you my bio by way of professional introduction. The way I'm conducting interviews is by written questionnaire first and follow up as needed.

    Let me know if you'd be interested in talking to me. I'm at raminsnewbook@gmail.com or raminganeshram@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete