Wednesday 24 July 2013

My 2 year adventure, week 15: Creamy garlic and seafood soup

Week 15:
To give you guys an idea on how behind I am today is July 24th and I made this on father's day. This was my first time making my own broth completely from scratch.  It had shrimp shells (fished out at the end of course), onion, 18 cloves of garlic, jalapeno peppers, white wine, and water. I think wine smells and tastes as bitter as it gets so once I added in the wine the kitchen just filled with this overwhelming bitter smell which, personally, wasn't pleasant to cook in. Maybe when I'm older I'll appreciate wine more... The seafood was snapper and the shrimp. and I was cutting up the snapper filets and I realized that there were sharp bits in some of them and I realized that I didn't pin bone the fish. So I had to go through every piece of fish to check it. The soup ended up pretty good but... improvable. My family gave it a 8. Happy extremely belated father's day!

See you next time internet! Love, Alexa :)     

No comments:

Post a Comment